Monday, October 29, 2007

The First "Real" Post

Okay, first things first. My vision for this blog is to give recipe ideas along with participating in Menu Plan Mondays on Organizing Junkie's site. Since I'm not really that organized today, I'm just going to give a quick run down of my breakfasts and dinners for the week. I'm trying to use up what I have this week and only pick up milk and a little produce at the store. I'm not including lunches, because for this week, lunch will either be leftovers or a sandwich and fruit if nothing is left over.

Monday

Breakfast-- scrambled eggs and toast, milk

Dinner-- hamburgers on bun, deviled eggs, apple slices, carrot sticks

Tuesday

Breakfast -- muffins and bacon, milk

Dinner-- chimichangas, chips & salsa

Wednesday

Breakfast
-- cold cereal

Dinner-- chicken cacciatore on fettuccine noodles, garlic rolls, veggie dippers

Thursday

Breakfast -- scrambled eggs and toast, milk

Dinner-- salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, corn, peaches


Friday

Breakfast-- cold cereal

Dinner-- homemade pizza

Normally I would add a weekend menu, but lately weekends have not been very "plan-able", so that's it for this week. To end things for this week, I'll leave you a simple recipe for yummy deviled eggs. I have found it is generally best to stick to the basics with deviled eggs. There are many "fancy" versions out there, but this is the one that always gets rave reviews. I'm just approximating the amounts, you'll need to add more or less to your taste. I rarely measure when I cook, it's a tough habit to break!

Heavenly Eggs (my children just didn't like the name "deviled eggs" so they changed the name and now call them "heavenly eggs" ;) )


6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1/3 cup mayo (we actually use Miracle Whip Light)
2 Tablespoons mustard
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
Paprika for garnish if desired

Cut eggs in half and scoop yolks out into a bowl and arrange the whites on a plate. Mash the yolks and add the mayo, mustard and vinegar. Stir with a fork until creamy. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the whites. I do this by either using two teaspoons, one for scooping it out of the bowl and the other to push it off the scooping spoon into the whites, or what I use most often is a small scoop about the size of a melon baller. It makes nice uniform scoops so my eggs whites don't fight over who has more yolk mixture. ;) Sprinkle paprika on top if desired.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the mood for a few heavenly eggs myself. . .I think I'll run home and make a few. Thanks for the idea,

Anonymous said...

I love deviled eggs. I am a simple girl at heart when it comes to old goodies like tater salad, deviled eggs, macaroni salad...etc...no fancy stuff for me. I looove good ole fashioned unfancified picnic type foods! Menu sounds yummy. you'll have to share your recipe for the chicken!